ECRI Institute just published a comprehensive evaluation of HotDog patient warming. We encourage everyone to read it.
- Compact controllers deliver low-voltage electricity to the blankets and mattresses where it is converted into safe heat by the patented ThermAssure® conductive fabric.
- The lightweight, flexible heater fabric produces uniform and precise heat that is managed by the smart controller and an advanced sensor system.
- The heater is sealed in an antimicrobial, non-porous shell—it’s 100% easily cleanable—and is available in a variety of warming blankets and mattresses. >Products
- Temperatures controlled at patient contact points.
- Low-thermal mass means fabric warms and cools very quickly and does not retain excess heat.
- If a blanket is cut or punctured during use, there is absolutely no risk of shock or spark to the patient or the clinician, due to the isolated, low voltage, floating current.
- Also, unlike forced-air, conductive fabric warms air-free, see why that’s important here: >Air-Free
- HotDog is the only FDA-cleared patient warming technology that can warm from above and below the patient at the same time.
- Whether it’s forced-air, circulating water, or other electric warming systems, HotDog excels against the competition in ways that are important to you.
- US Patent 7,543,344 – Cover for a Heating Blanket
- US Patent 7,714,255 – Bus Bar Attachments for Flexible Heating Elements
- US Patent 7,786,408 – Bus Bar Interfaces for Flexible Heating Elements
- US Patent 7,851,729 – Electric Warming Blanket having Optimized Temperature Zones
- US Patent 8,062,343 – Heating Blanket
- US Patent 8,283,602 – Heating Blanket
- US Patent 8,624,164 – Shut-off Timer for a Heating Blanket
- US Patent 8,772,676 – Heating Blanket
- 22 other patent applications are pending